Below you will find opportunities made available through the CAED including Faculty Scholarships that are not included under the Work-Study, CAED Scholarships and Other Scholarships tabs in the navigation.
Partnerships between alumni, industry and the College create important links between the academic and professional world for each of our departments. The depth and breadth of these partnerships is unlimited and we are always interested in exploring new opportunities.
Examples of current partnerships include:
- Named studios and labs. These opportunities provide support for a studio or lab and may support a specific research agenda or the facilities or equipment that support curriculum: sustainability, housing, fabrication, materials testing, etc.
- Scholarships provide students of academic merit and financial need the ability to afford their education at Cal Poly
- Faculty professional development
- Internship opportunities for students. Offices across California create an environment of learning within their professional world, initiating students into the next stage of life-long learning
- On campus lectures. Practicing professionals give of their time and knowledge on campus, strengthening the ties between the academic and professional worlds
- Contribution of materials for the Paul and Verla Neel NRC Materials Resource Lab or the college's shops and experimental laboratories
Anyone interested in learning more about these or other opportunities may contact the Cal Poly Development Office at 805-756-7125.
Parents Learn By Doing Fund supports in-class demonstrations and hands-on learning activities, student participation in competitions and conferences, and connects student education to the design industry.
ARCE Fund for Excellence
Endowed Practitioners Professor Fund
Architecture Fund for Excellence
City and Regional Planning
City and Regional Planning Fund for Excellence
Named labs and the CIC Equipment Fund provide students with access to dedicated lab spaces each quarter and up-to-date equipment and furnishings.
Sponsorship of student competitions allows the CM program to provide opportunities for all interested students to participate in unique learning experiences.
The Co-op Sponsorship Program provides a company with a six-month intern who receives financial support and course credit.
The CM Service Learning Course gives students a chance to get a hands-on experience for one quarter doing local community volunteer projects.
LA Fund for Excellence may be used to sponsor office visits, field visits, engage students in real world projects, offer student leadership and professional engagements, and support faculty excellence, curriculum innovation, technology and the learning environment.
Jorg Bartels Faculty Medal Support Fund recognizes faculty, alumni and friends of the Landscape Architecture department for their long-time commitment to the advancement of learning at Cal Poly.
Walter M. Tryon Landscape Architecture Faculty Development Endowment provides financial support for the continued professional development of faculty in the Landscape Architecture Department.
Verla & Paul Neel Faculty Scholarship
Paul Neel is dean emeritus of the College of Architecture and Environmental Design and an ARCE alumnus. The Verla and Paul Neel scholarship provides professional development funds to CAED faculty for participation in state or national conferences and conventions of professional organizations within the disciplines of the CAED.